We have all heard about capsule wardrobes, “must have” items and wardrobe essentials. I like a simple list but where do you start? Here is a quick recipe.
Start with your own wardrobe.
- Firstly pick out your most favourite item you wear constantly say black skinny jeans (1st item).
- Add 1 t-shirt, 1 long-sleeve top, 1 top with an interesting motif or embellishment on the front and 1 pretty but formal blouse that go with those black skinny jeans (items 2,3,4 &5).
- Add a jacket that can be casual but also smart, like a trench (6th item).
- Add 1 flat casual shoe like a ballet flat, then add 1 high sandal, then 1 knee high boot and lastly 1 classic black court or kitten shoe (items 7,8,9 & 10).
- To up the mixing, add 1 skirt in your favourite shape and 1 denim jean (items 11 & 12).
- Lastly find 1 neat clutch (which may also have a detachable strap) + 1 large hobo style bag for those times you need to carry everything and a scarf that has a little sparkle (items 13, 14 & 15).
Put all ingredients in one section of your closet and see how many different combinations you can come up with. One mini-closet is ready to be worn.
To see how much fun you can have with just 15 items I recently challenged myself to create one mini-closet of only 15 items using products I am selling for clients. This is also a great recipe to pack for a holiday.